KEVIN GEORGE TORKELSON
2425 DEL MAR WAY UNIT 103, CORONA, CA 92882
I believe that “Team Work" is the key to success.
I have always been held in high regard with all the companies that I’ve worked for.
SALARY REQUIREMENTS Open
HUSSMANN CORPORATION, Chino, CA
May 2014 to Present (TEMP POSITION)
- Receiving of metal fabricated parts.
- Logging in parts using company database.
- Storing of parts in designated areas within the warehouse for later distribution.
FACILITIES TECHNICIAN (Part time less than 30 hours per week)
TELELINKS LLC, Santa Ana, CA
June 2012 to May 2014
- Shipping and receiving duties
- Forklift Re-certified, CAL/OSHA ID# 309227 Expires: 03/05/2015
- Maintained electrical, single and 3 phase voltages (120-600V), plus the companies UPS.
- I installed new kitchen and bathroom fixtures and pipes.
- I Take of general building problems that may arise.
FACILITIES COORDINATOR/ SHIPPING AND RECEIVING MANAGER
INTERTEK U.S.A., Inc. Lake Forest, CA
October 2005 to June 2012
- Shipping and receiving duties.
- Knowledge of MSDS procedures, HAZMAT
- Experienced in most Microsoft Applications.
- Forklift Certified, CAL/OSHA Expires: 2014
- Setup and tested various LED strip lights and bulbs for certification.
- Assembly of cables and cable harnesses for military contractors and medical equipment.
- Electrical/Mechanical Assembly work for various clients.
Installed 120VAC, 220VAC, 227VAC, single and dual phase circuits, plus 480-600VAC 3 phase circuits throughout facility, installed new conduit piping and pulled cable to given locations throughout the building.
- Repair of DC power supplies down to the component level.
- Repaired and tested single phase and three motors.
- Repair and retested stepper motors.
- Repair and retested remote control gate openers (i.e. Elite ).
- Tested relays, and circuit boards, Replaced components when required.
- Built and installed shower enclosures and kitchens within the company’s labs for testing.
- Setup and installed Spas into environmental chambers for testing I then ran diagnostics.
- Purchased parts for testing from a list of vendors; I would go with the best price.
- When the samples came in from various clients, would notify the project coordinator so jobs could be scheduled.
- Test fixture design and fabrication.
- I am familiar with all hand tools, and machinery.
- I did a lot of design work in metal and wood.
- I am Mil spec and ESD certified.
- I have soldered components on to circuit boards using soldering applications.
- Repair of environmental test chambers
- Maintained and replaced ballasts and lighting fixtures.
- I replaced plumbing fixtures throughout the facility.
ELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN SENIOR
OPTIMAL ROBOTICS, Santa Ana, CA
September 2002 to October 2005
- I repaired scanners, Liquid Crystal Display monitors, and coin/bill changers down to the component level.
Trained newly hired technicians in troubleshooting and repair of defective assemblies.
QUALITY CONTROL ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN
SONIX IV, Huntington Beach, CA
January 2002 to September 2002
- I updated ultra-sonic cleaners and tested the products to make them more reliable.
- During my short stay with SONIX IV, I improved the product from 35% efficiency to 90%.
SYSTEMS SUPPORT ENGINEER SENIOR
RAYTHEON TECHNICAL SERVICES COMPANY, LLC, Fullerton, CA
November 1978 to December 2001
- I ran card test and repair centers at various overseas locations. I taught foreign military officers in component installation and removal using soldering skills.
- Maintained command and control equipment world-wide
Installation of command and control systems sold to foreign nations.
- My job was to go in install the required equipment within a given time frame.
Certificate Hands on TCP/IP
Hughes Institute for Professional Development, El Segundo, CA
1993 to 1994
Certificate, Computer Science
Cypress College, Cypress, CA
1981 to 1982
2 years Accreted, Electronics
Fullerton College, Fullerton, CA
1968 to 1970
Diploma, General Studies
Garden Grove HS, Garden Grove, CA
1964 to 1968