2522 Dakin Drive Corona, CA 92882
email@example.com Cell: 951-751-6776
To incorporate my years of extensive knowledge in various areas of healthcare to
insure patient care to the best of my ability.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Patients served include neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric age groups
- Highly skilled in all facets of transcription and preparation of medication prescriptions, inpatient physician orders, chemotherapy and IV admixture and corresponding inventory management
- Experienced in IV compounding, cassette fill, order entry, billing and narcotic handling
- Up-to-date and extensive knowledge of medical/pharmaceutical terminology combined with strong computer experience associated with the practice of pharmacy proficiency
- Understanding of pharmaceutical law, ethics and accountabilities
- Ability to handle multiple projects and assignments
- Computer experience includes Medidose, Horizon Med Manager and Pyxis
- Possess ability to assess data reflective of patient’s status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify patient’s needs in relation to age and provide care needed
- Life-long learner with fifteen years of superior service
- Efficient, well-organized, reliable and highly motivated with exceptional medical/administrative skills
Cardinal Health Rxe-Source, Irvine, CA September 2005 – Feburary 2012
Entering medication order information into the client facility data processing system
via emulation capability.
Initiating communication with healthcare providers to obtain patient demographic
data, specifically allergies, height, weight and age.
Maintaining fax machines and printers by stocking with paper and toner.
Answering the telephone and referring the call to pharmacist when professional
communication is required.
Perform duties under the direct supervision of a licensed pharmacist.
Fountain Valley Regional Hospital, Fountain Valley, CA February 2001 - September 2005
Assist pharmacist with transcription and preparation of medication prescriptions, in-
patient physician orders and all intravenous, chemotherapy solutions and pharmaceutical
inventory control. Prepare IV additive solutions and hyperalimentations using automated
dispensing systems. Troubleshoot machines typically associated with the practice of
pharmacy proficiency. Accountabilities: retrieve, sort and route medication orders to
appropriate work stations, prepare, mix, assemble, count,
pour, reconsitute, package and label medications. Fill routine orders for unit doses and
prepackaged pharmaceuticals. Dispense unit dose medications for inpatients. Strong
computer skills associated with the practice of pharmacy proficiency.
Prescription Solutions, Costa Mesa, CA August 1998 - February 2001
Claims Associate I
Independently performed routine to complex prescription direct member reimbursements by
reviewing, coding and inputting data into information system. Determined eligibility of
claims. Reviewed, researched and coded claims and document resolution. Authorized payments
witin specified limits. Participated in other special projects as assigned.
Lifeguard HMO, San Jose, CA May 1996 - August 1998
Claims Analyst II/Pharmacy Technician
Claims Analyst II/Coordination of Benefits Analyst III, Dual/Coordination of
benefits. Verified accuracy of CPT4/McGraw Hill and ICD 9 codes to insure proper payment
of medical claims. Researched and resolved complicated claims including third party
payments. Medicare, POS, OOA, and PPO. Received medical claims and directly entered
payment into interactive payment system. Researched, resolved and released claims for
payment. Maintain quality assurance of source documents and entered data. Performed
alphabetical and numerical data enty.
Pharmacy Technician/Customer Service Representative, Provided both in-person and
telephone customer assistance to members, pharmacies and physicians with questions
regarding pharmacy coverage or pharmacy plan administration. Assisted members with
utilizing Lifeguard pharmacy plan types correctly. Determined applicable prescription
benefit package and quoted benefits to members and providers. Verified member eligibilty
on HSII and Advanced Paradigm pharmacy system. Created correspondence to request medical
information required for prior authorization process. Provided findings, adjustments and
recommendations to customers and Lifeguard personnel. Processed manually submitted
Saint Joseph Hospital, Orange, CA February 1988 - March 1996
Assisted pharmacist with transcription and preparation of medication prescriptions, in-
patient physician orders, all intravenous and chemotherapy admixture solutions and
pharmaceutical inventory control. Data entry of out-patient prescriptions.
California Paramedical & Technical College, Riverside, CA
Other - Pharmacy Technician, February 1988
Licensed Pharmacy Technician, #33314
State of California, Expires 4/2014
- Medical Office Skills, Certificate of Achievement
- Hospital Occupations, Certificate of Achievement