Medical Front Desk Receptionist
Karen Bray email@example.com -- Cell: (909) 213-0458
Operational controller with proven ability of being a valuable partner to the business, working toward accomplishing company goals, solving operational issues, and advancing company initiatives.
Private and public company accounting System Implementation Quickbooks (various)
Financial statements Contract negotiation/writing Excel, Word, Outlook
Operations management Proprietary OS
Consultant, 07/2015 to Current
Various – Orange Co., CA
- Produce monthly financial statements and supporting schedules, cash flow projections and reporting, work with CPAs and outside auditors.
- Maintain all aspects of accounting functions: AP, AR, PR, GL, Inventory, cash management.
- Address internal auditing concerns by refining operational procedures, leading to more transparent and accurate financial reporting.
- Work with IT during various software integrations and define reporting requirements.
- Create and implement processes in Inventory ERP and Salesforce CRM systems.
Accounting/Operations, 01/2014 to 06/2015
Performance Paper, LLC - Commerce, CA
- Analyzed and corrected inconsistent financial reporting by establishing proper accounting guidelines and instituting proper training programs, leading to more complete, accurate financial reporting and a more knowledgeable employee base.
- Improved office operations and establish new/updated workflow, gaining 25% in efficiency and reporting time.
- Monitored daily/monthly reporting to ensure a continuing stream of correct financial planning information.
Controller/Acting Operations Manager, 01/2012 to 01/2014 and 02/2014 - 08/2015
Ciralight Global, Inc. - Irvine, CA
- Created all financial reporting for this public company with worldwide sales, including 10Q and 10K. Oversaw all accounting functions and controller functions; processed multi-state payroll.
- Interacted with sales team and global dealer network.
- Interfaced with 3PL warehouse to ensure inventory controls and procedures followed correctly.
- Saved the company 20% by reducing material costs, instituting benchmarks and evaluating job descriptions and duties for efficiency and cohesiveness.
Accounting Consultant, 08/2002 to 01/2012
Private Equity Investment / Multiple Companies - Pasadena, CA
- Produced monthly financial statements and supporting schedules; weekly/monthly payroll.
- Evaluated distressed businesses for restructuring viability. Evaluated real estate properties both for portfolio holdings and for resale. Worked with GC to rehabilitate resale properties.
- Negotiated contracts, maintained office and accounting operations.
- Liaised with CPA and attorneys, negotiated loans/lines of credit, and maintained bank reporting.
- Set up a 501(c)3 company to manage grant gifting.
California State University - Fullerton
- Business Administration – Accounting